Webex for Developers Newsletter – May 2022May 16, 2022
Greetings, Webex Developers! 😀 Let’s jump right in to check out what’s new and coming soon.
🎪 Webex Developer Activities at Cisco Live US – 2022 🎪
The Webex for Developers platform will be well represented at Cisco Live in Las Vegas, from June 13-16, 2022. Every day inside the DevNet Zone, the Webex Developer Evangelists will be showing off the latest tools and interfaces for building seamless integrations. You can also pre-schedule to attend any of our DevNet sessions using the Cisco Live Session Catalog:
- DEVWKS-1940: DevNet Workshop -Assistance Needed: Develop Skills for the Webex Assistant (Monday 6/13, 2:00PM PT)
- DEVNET-2260: Webex API "What's New" - The latest / greatest new features in Webex app development (Tuesday 6/14, 4:00PM PT)
- DEVLIT-1043: Lightning Talk – Why Emacs Matter Today (Wednesday 6/15, 3:30PM PT)
- DEVNET-1605: Powering Hybrid experiences with Webex Platform! (Wednesday 6/15, 4:00PM PT)
- DEVWKS-1650: DevNet Workshop – Building your first Embedded App on Webex (Thursday 6/16, 10:00AM PT)
Additionally, inside the Innovation Space, there will be even more Webex developer focused exhibits, demos, and other content, as part of the Webex Integrations area.
🏆 New Webinar: Webex Apps Hackathon Wrap-Up 🏆
Join us for a very special webinar on Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 9:00AM PT, where Senior Webex Developer Evangelist David Liedle will host a wrap-up of the 2022 Webex Apps Hackathon and announce the contest winners. Register for the webinar now so you won’t miss out on the fun!
✍️ Recent Blogs ✍️
Come and see some of new developer blogs that were recently published:
- Joe Zanini, Webex Developer Evangelist, wrote a great blog to get you up and running quickly with Webex authentication using OAuth2 in a Flask application.
- Phil Bellanti, Senior Webex Developer Evangelist, provides some helpful tips for getting an Embedded App approved for the Webex App Hub.
☝️Webex Meetings REST API Updates ☝️
As part of on-going efforts to add features to the Webex Meetings REST APIs:
- A meeting user can now create a meeting, list meetings and update a meeting with meeting options.
- A meeting user can now list meetings by different values of
⚠️ Reminder: Webex XML API Deprecation ⚠️
Another reminder that the Meetings related XML APIs will be deprecated, and the End-of-Support (EoS) date is April 30, 2023. Up to this date, Cisco will continue to resolve bugs, however, new features will only be rolled out on the REST APIs suite. End-of-life (EoL) date is October 31, 2023, when the XML APIs will be retired. For more information on how to migrate from XML to REST APIs, see the Webex Meetings XML to REST Migration Guide.
🦺 Stay Connected 🦺
Our Webex Developer Support and Evangelism teams are here to help your development journey and are available via Developer Community Forums as well as direct support options. We're excited to see what you're building with Webex!